Leaf Ninjas plant nursery is located 25 minutes east of Calgary, Alberta. At the nursery, Leaf Ninjas propagate native plants from seed and cutting.
Leaf Ninjas native plant nursery grows their stock using seeds collected from the region of the project because the local genetics perform better than any foreign genetics of the same species. This is referred to as source identified genetics or point source collection.
The plant nursery propagates for naturalization projects, restoration work, erosion mitigation, and wetland and riparian revegetation.
Leaf Ninjas works with your specific project needs with their on hand inventory, or can do custom growing contracts.
They can and have created site specific custom products, such at the TRS product, as well as seed collection on pre-disturbed sites to regrow and install the saved genetics.
Please Contact Us so we can help satisfy your plant needs.
Commonly Requested Native Plants
- Balsam Poplar (Populus balsamifera)
- Trembling Aspen (Populus tremuloides)
- Dogwood (Cornus sericea)
- Wild Rose (Rosa acicularis)
- Saskatoon (Amelanchier alnifolia)
- Willow (Salix spp.)
- Sandbar Willow (Salix exigua)
- Yellow Willow (Salix lutea)
- Shining Willow (Salix lucida)
- Diamond Willow (Salix bebbiana)
- Coyote Willow (Salix petiolaris)
- Silverberry (Elaeagnus commutata)
- Snowberry (Symphoricarpos albus)
- Buffaloberry (Shepherdia canadensis)
- River Birch (Betula occidentalis)
- Chokecherry (Prunus virginiana)
- Gooseberry (Ribes oxyacanthoides)
- Cranberry (Viburnum trilobume)
- Currant (Ribes americano)
- Honeysuckle (Lonicera spp.)
- Bearberry (Arctostaphylos uva-ursi)
- Many more
If you have a specific species you are looking for or would like some professional input into native plant selections for a project, please Contact Us and we can help.
Installation services and maintenance
Leaf Ninjas installation team has decades of planting experience in all types of environments. From large remote reforestation and restoration tree planting to new commercial environmental reserve development projects.
The team offers maintenance, irrigation and monitoring services to ensure your project is completed with the highest rates of ease and success.