Leaf Ninjas is looking for enthusiastic talent, ready to tackle challenging projects, that will ultimately enable the restoration of our land.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive wages, ongoing education and a positive, inclusive working environment.
Company: Leaf Ninjas Inc.
Position Title: Solar Irrigation Technician
Job Function: Field Technician
Job Type: Full-time
Reports To: The Solar Irrigation Technician will report to the Project Manager
Job Overview: The ecological restoration projects we install require remote irrigation systems to ensure plant survival and optimal growth. Our solar pumps are a proprietary technology that requires setup and monitoring at many different natural sites. We are looking for an individual who has a passion for the outdoors, horticulture and irrigation systems and experience in these fields to match that passion.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Preparation of the systems to be dispatched this spring
● Installation of irrigation systems at different locations
● Testing and quality control of the systems
● Monitoring of the systems over the season
● Reporting of failures and photo journaling at each site
● Maintenance of filters, intakes, pump components, solar panels
● Support the other teams with ecological restoration activities as needed
● Takedown and cleaning of the systems at the end of the season
● High school diploma or greater
● Strong knowledge of irrigation system design
● Willingness to work and travel alone
● Valid driver’s license
● Mechanically inclined and strong problem solving skills
● Physical strength and agility to get to remote areas with materials
Job Duration: 6-8 month seasonal employment, with ongoing yearly rehiring
Required Travel (How much travel is required in order for the user to perform the duties of this position): 10-20% – Mostly local with some short out of town trips
Experience: (Minimum amount of experience required for this position) 2-4 years of experience with irrigation system setup, maintenance and design.
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Application Form: APPLY NOW
Position Title : Crew Member: Soil Bioengineering
Job Function : Labourer, Planter
Job Type : Contract
Reports To : The Crew Member will report to the Foreman and Project Manager.
Job Overview : The Crew Member will provide support for our ecological restoration team who is using plant material and soil bioengineering techniques to repair erosion damage on an industrial site.
Responsibilities and Duties :
● Handling and installing erosion control materials
● Collecting, handling live stake and installing bioengineering plant material.
● Prepping sites to be planted
● Participating in the safety program
● Driving on the site to deliver materials as needed for job elements
● Planting trees and shrubs
● Minimum 2 years experience in: landscaping, tree planting or forestry
● High quality plug planting skills
● Experience using hand saws and pruning shears
● Backcountry driving experience
● Experienced with working outdoors in challenging weather
● Experience working in small team-oriented crews
● Has a passion for the outdoors and environmental stewardship
● Has an interest and curiosity for horticulture and restoration
● Physical abilities must include: heavy lifting, resilience to cold and wet conditions, athletic level fitness, can travel by foot for long distances over uneven terrain
Job Duration : 1-2 month contract with potential for extension as required
Required Travel: 100% All work is in northern Alberta for this contract
Wage : Depending on experience $22/h to $35/h
Location : Fort MacMurray